Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Cantonese Fish Filling (Dim Sum Filling)
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
1 black or red pepper
1/2 pound flounder filet -- cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
2 garlic -- minced
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup cabbage -- chopped fine
1 teaspoon cornstarch
8 scallions -- chopped
2 quarts stock or water
4 mushrooms -- chopped
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil in wok over low heat.
2. Add flounder cubes and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove.
3. To wok add rest of oil and cabbage and scallions. Stir-fry three minutes.
4. Push veggies to side of wok. In center well add mushrooms and lemon juice. Stir-fry one minute.
5. Return flounder. Add pepper and bouillon. Blend. Simmer two minutes.
6. Mix cornstarch and water until blended well.
7. Add to flounder mixture in wok. Blend. Simmer until thickened.
8. Remove fish filling from wok to bowl.
9. Assemble won tons and boil.