Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Home Baked Fish Sticks
1 lb. codfish or Snapper Fillets
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1 sweet pickle
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Wash the Fillets, then pat them dry with paper towels.
2. Have grown up cut them into long pieces.
3. Spread bread crumbs on waxed paper.
4. Break eggs into a bowl; mix with fork.
5. Dip each strip of fish into the eggs, then roll it around on bread crumbs until it's coated (this part's messy).
6. Lay each fish strip out on baking pan.
7. Melt butter (margarine) in small pan over low heat, carefully pour it over each of the fish sticks.
8. Bake in 400 degree oven about 15 minutes (until golden brown).
9. Serve with tartar sauce. (1/2 cup mayonnaise mixed with 1 chopped up sweet pickle plus the juice from 1 lemon).