Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Grilled Halibut with Tomato Topping
3/4 lb. Halibut
1 Tbsp. olive oil plus a little to grease fish
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 cups coarsely chopped ripe tomatoes
1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
Salt (optional) & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare charcoal fire, preheat broiler or ready a stove-top grill.
2. Grease fish with oil.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small pot and saute onion and garlic until onion begins to soften.
4. Measure fish at thickest part and grill 10 minutes to the inch.
5. Stir tomatoes and wine into the onion and simmer 3-5 minutes, just to soften tomatoes. Season with salt, if desired, and with pepper. Just before serving, stir in basil.
6. Arrange fish on plates and spoon tomatoes on top. Yield 2 servings.