Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Broiled Swordfish with Herb Butter
4 (1" thick) Swordfish Steaks (each about 8 oz.)
1/4 cup olive oil
Herb butter (see following recipe)
1. Preheat broiler. Place broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from heating element and heat 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Wipe Swordfish with damp paper towels. Lightly brush both sides of steak with oil.
3. Place Steaks on broiler pan and broil 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Using metal spatula, turn Steaks and broil 2 to 3 minutes longer.
5. Cut 1 or 2 generous slices herb butter for each steak. Top Steaks with butter and boil 1 minute longer or just until butter begins to melt.
6. Transfer Steaks to warm plates.
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs (any combination, including watercress, parsley, dill, basil, marjoram and rosemary), or 2 Tbsp. dried
1. Peel and finely chop garlic. Juice enough lemon to measure 2 tablespoons and enough lime to measure 1 tablespoon. Combine juices and remove pits. Wash fresh herbs, if using, pat dry and chop finely.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine butter, garlic, citrus juices and chopped herbs and process until well mixed. Or, in medium size bowl, knead some ingredients together by hand.
3. Form herb butter into log shaped roll 2" long and 2" to 2 1/2" in diameter. Wrap snugly in wax paper and place in freezer for 1 hour or refrigerate for several hours.