Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
2 1/2 lb. Halibut Fillets
5 Tbsp. butter
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup water
3 whole black peppercorns
1 Tbsp. onion
2 Tbsp. flour
1 bay leaf
1. Wash and dry Halibut.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in skillet. Add fish, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, bay leaf, 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil. Simmer covered 15 minutes until fish flakes easily.
3. Place milk, black pepper and onion in small saucepan. Bring to boil, remove from heat.
4. Drain fish, save 1/2 cup liquid. Discard bay leaf. Put fish in heat proof dish.
5. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet. Stir in flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Gradually stir in warm milk and fish liquid.
6. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cook until melted. Pour over fish. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over top.
7. Broil 35 minutes.