Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Barbecued Halibut Steaks
2 lbs. Halibut Steaks, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. green pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. original Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1. If Steaks are frozen, thaw and cut into serving pieces.
2. Cook onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender.
3. Add remaining ingredients; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
4. Place steak pieces in single layer in shallow baking pan; pour sauce over fish and let stand 30 minutes, turning once.
5. Remove fish reserving sauce for basting.
6. When coals are ready, place fish in well-greased, hinged wire grills.
7. Cook on barbecue grill 4 inches from source of heat for 8 minutes.
8. Baste with remaining sauce, turn, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.