Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Sauteed Halibut with Three-Color Peppers and Spanish Olives
4 6-ounce each halibut fillets -- (170 g each)
salt and pepper -- to taste
2 ounces olive oil
3 ounces onion -- sliced
2 teaspoons garlic -- minced
3 ounces green bell pepper -- julienne
3 ounces red bell pepper -- julienne
3 ounces yellow bell pepper -- julienne
8 ounces tomato concassÚ
2 ounces spanish olives -- pitted and quartered
2 teaspoons fresh thyme -- chopped
2 ounces lemon juice
2 ounces fish stock
1. Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a sautÚ pan and add the olive oil.
3. SautÚ the halibut, turning once. Remove and reserve in a warm place.
4. Add the onions and garlic to the same pan and sautÚ for approximately 1 minute. Add the peppers and sautÚ for 1-2 minutes more.
5. Add the tomato concassÚ, olives and thyme; sautÚ briefly.
6. Add the lemon juice and deglaze the pan. Add the fish stock, simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors and adjust the seasonings.
7. Return the fish to the pan to reheat. Serve each fish fillet on a bed of vegetables with sauce and an appropriate garnish.