Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Fried Fish In A Pocket
FOR 4 SERVINGS YOU WILL NEED:
1 1/2 to 2 lbs. Halibut or other Fillets
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin (opt.)
1/2 cup beer or milk
1 egg, beaten
Oil for frying
4 pita (pocket) bread, white or whole wheat
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1 tomato, seeded & chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream or a combination
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (opt.)
1. Cut fish into 2 inch pieces.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, seasonings and beer or milk and egg.
3. Pour oil to 1/4 inch depth in skillet and heat. Dip fish in batter. Fry until lightly browned. Drain and keep warm.
4. Slice the bread in half, making 2 pockets per person. Fill each one with equal amounts of fish and vegetables.
5. Top with yogurt and feta cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.