Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Cod Fillets Provencale
2 tb Olive oil
1 lg Onion; sliced
1 Clove garlic; crushed, up to 2
1 Red pepper; deseeded and thinly sliced
1 Green pepper; deseeded and thinly sliced
1 397 gram can chopped tomatoes with herbs; (14oz)
2 tb Tomato puree
2 tb Freshly chopped parsley or basil
300 ml Fish stock; (1/2 pint)
500 g Cod fillet fresh or frozen; skinned and cut if necessary, into 4 portions (1lb)
8 Pitted black olives; halved
2 ts Cornflour; blended with a little cold water
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3
minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the peppers, choppped tomatoes, puree, most of the parsley or
basil and the stock. Mix well and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat and arrange the cod fillets on top. Simmer gently
for 7-8 minutes for fresh cod fillets or 10-12 minutes if frozen,
carefully turning the fillets over after 5-6 minutes.
4. Remove the cod fillets from the pan and keep warm. Stir in the
olives, blended cornflour and seasoning to taste. Cook for a further
2-3 minutes, stirring continually until thickened.
5. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and arrange the cod on top.
Sprinkle with the remaining parsley or basil and serve immediately.