Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Baked Fish with Rhubarb Sauce
2 tb Extra virgin olive oil
2 lg Onions; peeled and sliced
2 Celery stalks; washed and cut in 1 inch pieces
3 Carrots; peeled and shredded
1 lg Firm fish; about 5 pounds (striped bass; blue fish; etc. )
1 tb Dark soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 c Chopped parsley; sage and oregano; in equal proportions
2 Cloves garlic; minced
4 sm Israeli tomatoes; sliced
2 c Rhubarb sauce (see below)
1 lb Rhubarb; washed and cut in 1 inch pieces
2 c Water
1/2 c Sugar
1 pn Salt
1/4 c Orange rind; thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 375-degrees F.
2. Brush a baking pan with olive oil. Line the pan with the sliced onions, celery and carrots.
3. Rub the fish with the remaining olive oil mixed with the soy sauce. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with the herbs and garlic.
4. Place the fish on the onions, and top the fish with sliced tomatoes.
5. Bake the fish for 25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the rhubarb sauce.
Rhubarb Sauce (Serves 4)
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the rhubarb is cooked.
2. Pour the sauce in a sauceboat and serve with the fish at room temperature.