Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Creamed Flounder Tarragon
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1 8 ounces can sliced mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup light cream
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 pounds flounder fillets
1. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet. melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds. Add chopped onion and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
2. Add tarragon leaves and mushrooms to onions and heat. covered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, light cream, paprika. salt and flour. Add to onion-mushroom mixture. Heat, uncovered. 2 minutes in Microwave Oven. Stir. Heat, uncovered, an additional minute in Microwave Oven.
4. In a buttered, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish, pour half of the mushroom sauce. Arrange fillets on top. Spoon remaining mushroom sauce over fish. Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
5. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 7 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.