Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Fish and Chips with Slaw
2 lg Baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1/2-inch thick wedges
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 ts Salt
2 tb Flour
1/2 c Paackaged bread crumbs
1 ts Paprika
1 ts Seasoning *see note
1 lg Egg white, slightly beaten
4 Flounder fillets or any other firm white fish
4 c Shredded red or green cabbage
1 c Shredded carrots
1/2 c Sliced scallions or green onions
1/2 c Fat-free ranch dressing
1 tb Cider vinegar
1/2 Teaspon pepper
1 Postion racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat to 500 F. Coat 2 baking pans with cooking spray.
2. spread potatoes in one of the prepared pans. Spray with cooking spray; toss until coated. Spread in single layer. Bake on lower oven rack 25 minutes, turning over once or until tender and golden. Sprnkle with salt.
3. Mean while prepare fish; Mix paprika and seasoning with the bread crumbs. Spread flour and crumbs on separate pieces of waxed paper. Coat fish with flour, dip in beaten egg, then press in crumbs until completely coated. Spray tops of fillets with cooking spray.
4. Place sprayed-side down in the other prepared pan. Spray tops of fish. Place on upper oven rack 15 minutes after putting potatoes in oven.
5. Bake 7 to 10 mintues until crust is golden and fish is barely opaque in the center when pierced in thickest part with tip of a knife.
6. Meanwhile toss slaw ingredients in medium bowl to mix and coat. Serves 5 Per serving 3 g. fat.
Note 1 teaspoon Cajun, lemon pepper, thyme or your favorite seasoning.