Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
Fillet Of Catfish Bayou Lafourche
4 catfish fillets -- (5-7oz ea)
1/2 cup butter -- clarified
1 cup flour -- all-purpose
salt to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
1/2 cup champagne
1/2 cup white wine -- dry
12 oysters -- fresh shucked
2 juice of lemon
2 tablespoons shallots -- chopped
2 tablespoons tarragon -- chopped fresh
1/2 teaspoon tarragon -- dried
2 tablespoons green onion -- chopped
1/2 cup butter -- unsalted
2 tablespoons chives -- chopped
1. Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
2. Season catfish with salt and cayenne; dust with flour, shaking off excess.
3. Heat clarified butter in large heavy skillet.
4. Place fillets in skillet, flat side up; sauté over medium heat until brown.
5. Turn fillets and continue to sauté until brown, then remove to heated plates.
6. Deglaze skillet with champagne or wine; add oysters, oyster liquor, lemon juice, shallots, fresh or dried tarragon, and green onions.
7. Cook until oysters begin to curl, then remove and place 3 on each fillet.
8. Reduce liquid in skillet until a glaze forms, then add cold butter, a few chips at a time, swirling pan constantly (do not stir, as spots will develop and butter solids and liquids will separate).
9. Continue adding butter; butter will emulsify, creating a smooth creamy sauce.
10. Add chives, adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne, and pour over oysters.