Just Fish/Seafood Recipes Home|
Tap 'Back' for the recipe list you were browsing.
1 tb Olive oil
1 Onion; chopped
1 Clove garlic; crushed
1 Green pepper; chopped
1 397 gram can chopped tomatoes; (14oz)
150 ml White wine; (1/4 pint)
1 tb Freshly chopped basil
1 tb Freshly chopped oregano
375 g Skinless cod fillet; cut into cubes (12oz)
175 g Shelled prawns; (6oz)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sunflower oil for shallow frying
1/2 sm French bread; cut into slices
Freshly chopped oregano
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the pepper, tomatoes, wine, herbs and bring to the boil. Stir in the cod and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the prawns and seasoning, transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the French bread slices and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
5. Arrange around the edge of the dish, sprinkle with the oregano and serve immediately.