Go to: Just Seafood Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Braised Squash with Fish
2 -(up to) 3 lb Chinese squash
3 -(up to) 4 tb Oil
2 tb Soy sauce
1 tb Sherry
3/4 c Water
1/2 ts Salt
3/4 -(up to) 1 lb Fish fillets
1 ts Cornstarch
1 ts Salt
1/2 ts Sugar
2 tb Water
1. Prepare Fish Mixture below.
2. Cut squash in 3/4-inch slices and spread each evenly with the fish mixture.
3. Heat oil. Add squash, fish-side down, and brown lightly over medium heat.
4. Meanwhile combine soy sauce, sherry, water and salt. Add to pan and bring to a boil. Then simmer, covered, until squash is tender (20 to 30 minutes). Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve. VARIATION: In step 3, instead of pan-frying squash, deep-fry, fish-side up, basting with hot oil until golden. Then pick up step 4.
1. Mince fish.
2. Blend in the remaining ingredients. VARIATION: Add to minced fish 6 almonds, blanched and chopped; 2 tablespoons smoked ham, and 1 scallion stalk, both minced.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.