Go to: Just Seafood Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Baked Stuffed Red Snapper
1 whole red Snapper, cleaned (3 to 4 lb.)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1 small tomato, chopped
2 cups soft bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 tsp. salt
6 thin orange slices
6 thin lime slices
Juice of 1/2 lime
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
2. Wash fish under cold water, pat dry with paper towels. Rub lightly with oil and sprinkle, inside and out, with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
3. Make stuffing: in butter in skillet, saute onion, celery and green pepper until onion is soft. Add tomato, bread crumbs, parsley and pecans. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and dash of pepper.
4. Spoon stuffing into cavity; close opening with skewers or wooden picks.
5. Place fish in greased, shaloow roasting pan. Arrange alternating, slightly overlapping slices of orange and lime over top; sprinkle with lime juice.
6. Cover with foil. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
7. With large spatula, carefully lift fish to heated platter. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.