Go to: Just Seafood Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Coriander Fish (Bharia Machli)
4 lbs sole, flounder, rock cod, or other white fish
8 cloves garlic
3 hot chillies
1 inch ginger
1 medium bunch coriander
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp black mustard
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tbsp salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1. Wash and pat dry fish. Sprinkle 1t salt inside and set aside. Preheat oven to 400f
2. Blend garlic, chili, ginger, 1/2 the corriander, corriander seeds, brown sugar, turmeric, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, salt and lemon juice till it all becomes a smooth paste (add some water if needed.)
3. Fry onions till they are soft and golden brown.
4. Add the blended masala and cook till most of the liquid is gone and it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
5. Add the tomatoes and Garam Masala. Fry for 2 minutes more and remove.
6. Coat one side of fish, stuff 1 1/2 cups inside. Close opening, spread the rest of the masala over it. Cover tightly and bake for about 25 minutes.
7. Grill for 1 or 2 minutes in broiler and sprinkle the remaining coriander.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.